A pioneer in sustainable Fair Trade fashion, People Tree, started in 1991.
Every product is made to the highest ethical and environmental standards from start to finish. Contemporary, versatile designs and playful, exclusive prints inspired by the V&A archives create stylish, innovative and affordable fashion while respecting people and the planet. People Tree makes collections from organic cotton, TENCEL™ Lyocell and responsible wool. You can see traditional artisan skills such as hand weaving, knitting, embroidery and block printing.
People Tree launched its first fashion range to meet the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), certified by the Soil Association. They were the first fashion company to be awarded the World Fair Trade Organisation product label. These certifications guarantee People Tree’s dedication and compliance with the principles of fair trade. Covering fair wages, good working conditions, transparency, environmental best practice and gender equality.
Fun Facts about People Tree:
- They collaborated with Emma Watson to release a clothing range aimed at under-24s.
- They actively support farmers, producers and artisans through 14 producer groups, in 6 countries.
- People Tree producers use traditional skill and combine them with new innovative technologies to support and grow their businesses.
- They are part of the WFTO community and representatives of Fair Trade. This means far more than paying a fair price. They provide technical assistance for producers. Therefore they can improve their skills, strengthen their businesses and have a positive social impact
- People Tree is mainly using materials like:
Fair trade Certified Cotton
Sustainable, fair trade fashion doesn’t always mean boring and dull, or what do you think?